- Mar 27, 2006
- Fixed: Logging HTTP requests on popup windows didn't work in all cases.
- Fixed: Crashing issue that happened in some very rare cases, mainly if the HTML
Fixed: Software protection issue with Virtual PC environment.
- Feb 28, 2006
- New: Added "Notes" column to the main list. Notes can be used to label specific
requests or to relate HTTP requests to HTML pages.
- New: Option to automatically populate the Note column with the HTML page title.
- New: The position of the selected HTTP item and the cursor position in the HTML
window are displayed in the status bar.
- New: Added 'reset to default' button to the IEWatch Settings dialog.
- Fixed: POST data was not stored on certain pages that were sending multiple POST
a sub directory.
- Dec 12, 2005
- New: Added "HTML Spotlight" feature which allows quick pinpointing of code by directly
clicking in the web page.
- New: Highlight images directly in the web page for image requests in HTTP Analysis
- New: Locate and highlight HTML elements in the HTML code window.
- New: Locate and highlight HTML elements in the web page.
- New: Added Last Modified and Charset attributes to the HTML summary.
- New: Various improvements in HTML Analysis mode.
XML Schema that describes the structure of the XML log files.
- New: The filter functions now allow most extensive filtering, including filters
on HTTP headers and response content.
- New: Various improvements to the Help file and context help.
- Changed: The software protection method has been changed (requires new license keys).
- Fixed: The find up function in the Find dialog has not been working correctly.
Fixed: String termination issue when displaying the response content.
- Sep 13, 2005
- New: Added support for IE 7 Beta 1 (build 188.8.131.52).
- New: Load saved log files into IEWatch.
- New: Save xml log files in 'Long' and 'Short' format. The long format also contains
the response content.
- New: Compare requests by selecting two requests from the main list.
- New: The image load time, width and height are now displayed in HTML mode.
- New: The HTML summary now shows the 'Page Weight' statistic.
- New: Authentication HTTP headers for basic, digest and NTLM are now displayed.
- New: The response sizes for requests that that use 'chunked encoding' are now displayed.
- New: Log request on Internet Explorer startup. The previous Play/Pause state is
remembered for the next startup.
- New: Added Refresh button to HTML mode toolbar.
- Fixed: Crashing issue when clearing the list while requests are retrieved.
Fixed: In some cases trailing CRLF characters created empty entries in the header
- Jul 29, 2005
- New: Receive notifications regarding upgrades and new versions. This feature can
be turned on/off in the IEWatch Settings dialog.
- New: IEWatch licenses are now issued on a per user basis. A licensed IEWatch user
can apply the same license on any computer that is exclusively used by them.
New: Improved help file and context help.
- Apr 23, 2005
- New: Comprehensive context help for all status codes and HTTP headers defined in
RFC 2616. To view help on a HTTP header, select the entry in the list and press
- New: Navigate IEWatch by just using the keyboard. Most IEWatch functions are now
available with accelerator keys. The Find window can be displayed with CTRL-F and
pressing the enter-key in any list will show the default dialog.
- New: Error codes returned from Internet Explorer are now displayed in the status
column of the main list.
- Fixed: Accuracy of HTTP request duration readings and the page load time displayed
in the HTML Analysis Summary have been improved.
- Fixed: Requests that are returned from the Internet Explorer cache are now displayed
Fixed: Some GET requests that were following a POST request have been incorrectly
displayed as a POST in the main list.
- Feb 17, 2005
- New: HTTP information can now be written into log files. The log files can be saved
in XML (.xml), Comma Separated (.csv) or http text dump (.txt) format.
- New: Added the 'Search' and 'Favorites' tabs to the help file.
- Fixed: Fixed formatting of certain http headers where both the name and value were
displayed in the name column.
Fixed: Fixed issue with the installation requiring a windows reboot on Win2000 and
- Sep 10, 2004
- New: Sort-able list controls. All list controls are now sort-able by clicking on
the list column headers.
- New: Display of redirect headers. Redirect headers are displayed in the last column
of the main list. A unique redirect-follow feature will automatically highlight
the related redirect request when clicking on the redirect URL.
pop-up window when double clicking an entry in the main request list.
- New: Clear request list with every new page. Selecting this option in the Settings
dialog will clear the main request list with every new page loaded.
- New: Remember last filter settings. Select this option in the Setting dialog to
remember the last used filter values.
- New: Remember Window settings. Select this option in the Setting dialog to save
the settings for the dialogs and list columns.
- New: Redesigned application icon, toolbar and dialogs with Windows XP style look
- New: Improvements in code efficiency and performance.
- Fixed: Fixed issue when clicking on a Script entry in HTML Analysis mode where the
message 'Script Code not available' was displayed.
- Fixed: Fixed bug with some response headers being truncated if they didn't comply
to the rfc specification.
Fixed: On some Windows systems the message 'Your trial period has expired' was displayed
after the initial IEWatch installation.
IEWatch Professional (1.4MB)
"IEWatch has saved me many hours of debugging. It should be in every web application
developer's tool kit!"